Biri Blues

Drag
Drag on
Drag me out
But you are only dragging me down to the drain

to hide yourself from the scorn of society.
When all I have longed was some taste in you.
When you would not even buy me, my boy;
Why, tell me why, my boy?

The rabble rule.
Don't be so cruel.
You are acting
like a military, like a fake democracy;

Live inside your building of indifference,
while you build a statue of liberalism at your gate.
How can I let you know the truth?
How would you know it?

Blinking and winking merrily,
I would stay rubbing myself
against the cracked lips and crooked teeth
of my dear, dirty, poor folks, who chain-smoke to reach their gods.

But I'm just the butt, filter-less
of a biri, in my bareness,
Here, used and forgotten, near the drain
with a bloody, faded, red thread dangling on my head.



Comments

  1. love it....whole night spent reading ur poems...i fall in lov with ur blog,,the graphics and poems....erthying so great,,,u are superb,,,,proud to have u as fren,,,keep writing,,,,somtimes i think we are more than these writing or blogging whatever,,,these all have to be flashed on the walls someday sooooonnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must say kapil lets compile ur poems to book form. ur poems are just lovely...penned down ur thoughts and feelings very freely...the sense i got while reading ur poems....lets publish it.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @DaAkhus Thank yous
    @Unknown Thank you too for your kind words. Would you please tell me who you are?
    I also believe my writings should have a reach beyond this blog and it would be one of the most happiest days of my life when I print the poems and smell the book...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Trending Posts

Monthly Records

Show more

Subscribe

You can read the latest updates on your email. Don’t miss any post and read it at your convenience by subscribing to this blog. Your subscription is also my energy! It encourages me to do more and better.

Subscribe to this blog