A Hymn to Love


Love is a tharo
In some unknown pond in Andro
I have never even seen it but only heard
In booze-filled streets, where the righteous folks have ever sneered

So it was no surprise when I was sober
When little broken hearts and pieces consumed me faster
As if love was what the lovers had been longing
And for the sake of conclusion I ended up merely with ‘fucking’

............................................................
From hymn to humming

Tharo - Water lily, in Meiteilon
Andro - A historically and culturally significant hamlet located in Imphal East

 ............................................................

Amazing images of Naga folks by Canato Jimomi.
Check more of these illustrations on his blog  http://canajimo.blogspot.in/
(Used here without permission!)


Comments

Trending Posts

Monthly Records

Show more

Subscribe

You can read the latest updates on your email. Don’t miss any post and read it at your convenience by subscribing to this blog. Your subscription is also my energy! It encourages me to do more and better.

Subscribe to this blog