Unforgettable Migration of the Heart

Guest post: This poem was written by Manisha Thakur

Though I always try to lie to myself
Those far away like the Himalayas
I would stand
Like those birds that migrate,
My heart did not just before spring came
And not just winter left
This winter had left me cold, pale, and blue
But here in this place
Buds bloomed into flowers and Plants grew into trees
Here summers left me
And even winters
And then I belonged to this place
This migration I will never forget
For such decisions, sometimes in life
Set birds like others and me free. 
 
 
Unforgettable migration of the heart



Comments

Trending Posts

Monthly Records

Show more

Subscribe

You can read the latest updates on your email. Don’t miss any post and read it at your convenience by subscribing to this blog. Your subscription is also my energy! It encourages me to do more and better.

Subscribe to this blog