Between the Old and the New Year


I will write down in sand
Of hopes shattered
Of life collapsed;

I don’t even get the chance to suffer, to break down
In silhouettes in darkness, totally down
In my hometown
Though usual it goes as it is
As it always exists;

Of a new year
I can hear the celebration with blaring sounds
Inside my head—
Of automatic guns
Of bombs
Of splattering blood;

Let me write in stone
Verdurous landscapes
New experiences
Meaninglessness
And more emptiness
Till death do my heart and soul apart.

And I’m far away from home
And I have lost my way back home;
Do new years come to my home?
It used to, but no more I’m sure;
Is it an old year leaving?
Is it a new year coming?

Related piece:
   As the Year Draws Towards Its End   

Comments

Trending Posts

Monthly Records

Show more

Subscribe

You can read the latest updates on your email. Don’t miss any post and read it at your convenience by subscribing to this blog. Your subscription is also my energy! It encourages me to do more and better.

Subscribe to this blog