the road

this is a translation of a meiteilon poem lambi by ranjit wahengbam that was originally published in the anthology atoppa khonjel by manipur-based naharol sahitya premi samiti in 1975



the road



in the end
when my head was immersed
in hailstones
with the saddle
of the sun on my head
i saw the road

it was not a stone that was pelted
far away
it was not a gunshot
fired far away
it was none
that i wanted
but beyond the boundary
up to the boundary of boundary
and beyond that boundary
--for when the hollow smokes of a cigarette enter
and when a desert sips a handful of water

why would my soul ever shake like in an earthquake?

the most precious for me is that vehicle
that ever runs swiftly without obstacle
I want to be a driver
on this journey
from the static autumn
to the spring so dynamic

Comments

Trending Posts

Monthly Records

Show more

Subscribe

You can read the latest updates on your email. Don’t miss any post and read it at your convenience by subscribing to this blog. Your subscription is also my energy! It encourages me to do more and better.

Subscribe to this blog