It’s Hard to Get Back, Man

My hometown is not what it used to be anymore
That doesn’t matter as long as I get back there
Of course, it’s never the old place, the old time anymore
And it’s ever in small proxies of vicissitude and vacation
And always it’s hard to get back to places I have left
And I keep moving from one place to the other.
 
Then I have moved to new towns for new things
People say it’s how life is, and it’s how living is 
These don’t really matter as long as the old wisdom says:
Changes are how we are built to be steady,
Tho’ always it’s hard to get back to places I have left.
I want to, man, but it’s damn hard!
 
I’m on the road again
I have met people that I want to get back to
I have seen places that I want to go back to
But, man, it’s hard to get back to people I have left 
It’s always hard to get back to places I have left
In their memories I travel and tell stories now.
 
 
It’s Hard to Get Back, Man




 

Comments

Trending Posts

Monthly Records

Show more

Subscribe

You can read the latest updates on your email. Don’t miss any post and read it at your convenience by subscribing to this blog. Your subscription is also my energy! It encourages me to do more and better.

Subscribe to this blog