I'M A MASTER NOW!

LAST EDIT: 01/02/2010 17:22

I GOT MY DEGREE, FINALLY!!!

Thoughts on receiving my master's degree after a brief hiccup


After a long time our institute, where I had completed my masters, has handed me the degree certificate and final-semester mark-sheet. The management had withhold these documents as I was accused of being one of the partners-in-crime. Last year, the managing director had lost his sanity when he found someone had created a fake Orkut account in his name. [Don't ask who created it!]. I completed MA in summer 2008 — and I was suppose to get the mark-sheet around December and the degree in summer 2009. I have waited because I know they were simply delaying to terrify us. 

I have been also wondering if it's really necessary for these overly formal papers like a degree certificate.

Ah! It was funny when the fake profile was created. Who would not enjoy when it was updated on Orkut that our MD's favourite book is Kamasutra and his favourite movie includes Baghbaan? (I haven't watch the flick though I'm told the storyline includes a love affair between old timers). But we made an ass of ourselves when the management picked us up for the offense. We were reprimanded that we had committed a cyber crime and had to confess before an advocate. 

I had also scrapped that our MD's girlfriend (was she just a friend?!) is giving birth to a zebra, because of their skin complexions (our MD's and the supposed gf). Both of them are in their early 50s and are made together for juicy gossip in our campus. I surrender for the time being, for they have given me these papers but I'm still yet to receive my hostel security fee. I'm told to come on Saturday again.

I might have to laminate the papers and will tuck them inside my Original Doc folder. Twenty years of formal education and two years in a professional field — great going, blockhead! Yet I'm anxious these papers, which show me I'm a real person, are superfluous. 

Can these get me a good job? Can these get me regular increment? Do these make me a better person? Or are they suggesting I have to take more responsibilities now that I've completed my studies? Pursuing higher studies is one thing at the moment, and it is quite different when you are talking about your obligation to life, yourself, plus your family and friends. I choose to move ahead with or without these papers!

PS: Let me update, today the 21st of June, 2016, that nobody has ever asked me to bring the degree certificate especially when I for job interviews. This also reminds me that I have not got the college degree from DM College of Arts / Manipur University.

Comments

Trending Posts

Monthly Records

Show more

Subscribe

You can read the latest updates on your email. Don’t miss any post and read it at your convenience by subscribing to this blog. Your subscription is also my energy! It encourages me to do more and better.

Subscribe to this blog