Seeking Self-hood


I may be a cowboy
I have no horse, alas
Neither a hat nor a handgun

I may be Trump
Alas, life’s a chronic Kangleipak malady
Cowboy, nay, possibly a sickly cow

Maybe I’m the Moon
Like the lack of its own light (sigh), it shows
Like its distance from the Real

I may be the government
I may as well be the master
Yet the only rule I have is of no rule

My only ministers are only my desires
My only subjects are only my whims
My only charity comes from grants

So maybe I’m Manipur
Broken and bruised and bleak
With no horse, no light, no hat nor a handgun

All along I can see no clear
Maybe I’m just the shadow of the deserted over-bridge
in Uripok.

Comments

Trending Posts

Monthly Records

Show more

Subscribe

You can read the latest updates on your email. Don’t miss any post and read it at your convenience by subscribing to this blog. Your subscription is also my energy! It encourages me to do more and better.

Subscribe to this blog