April passes by the shop



So many people
passed the shop this evening
And I was watching
Their best evening dresses
so apparent;
Their legs no different,
the saunter-style;
Their hands so normal,
swaying.

But none of them had a head
As I counted their numbers,
one by one, or in groups;
As the number of death at home raises,
like the rivers of monsoon;
As the summer airs come blowing happily;
Though the people
talked secretly as they gaited.

The headless people
Their happiness hid above the shop's shutter
while I dream for home when there are fetes,
Their sadness hid above the shop's shutter
when I was sitting inside the shop
How could I have seen them
when the shutter was so low
And the shop was
one level below the footpath.




Comments

Trending Posts

Monthly Records

Show more

Subscribe

You can read the latest updates on your email. Don’t miss any post and read it at your convenience by subscribing to this blog. Your subscription is also my energy! It encourages me to do more and better.

Subscribe to this blog