On Feeling Nationless, On Seeing the Meaninglessness

You give me your name written on a cow
You can take away
Wrapped in boxes of poop
All the motherland feelings;
I would endure them, for that name

You give me a name
Now you can take it
It is written all over
—My university degrees
My school certificates,
You can take them
All the meanings in it,
And leave me meaningless;

And I could vanish into my own shadows
And I would not complain
And I would not resist;

I’m used to giving you my unwilling attention
I’m used to take your words, so senseless;
Now take everything you need,
Take away the name,
Take everything away

I know the other patriots,
They are mushrooming in my backyard
With guns that spell as revolution in boxes of more poop
I would start a revolution to erase the boundaries
I would bury your love for your land, deep down the land

When I give you, my right and you show me your might
I had believed you would not kill me
And here I am, alive, yet
Nothing is different from death;

In the bareness
You gave me your country
I had drank it with my whisky
It might come out in my puke
Would you please take it back?





Comments

Trending Posts

Monthly Records

Show more

Subscribe

You can read the latest updates on your email. Don’t miss any post and read it at your convenience by subscribing to this blog. Your subscription is also my energy! It encourages me to do more and better.

Subscribe to this blog