On the Clock

There's always a time to live, ain't it for death
Image by George Hodan, Public Domain Pictures

I

It will never tell me unless I ask:
It is the time to wake up
It is the time to get ready
It is the time to ride
It is the time to work

Come love or hate, peace or war,
As cold as a winter misty morning
It trods no matter what is in the offing
Stand tall like the Kanglasha
But nay, it matters no century, no era

How would it be to be it
In the surrounding, like it, to be ever fit?
—like it, to push aside all the follies
But just tell, like naturally fruity are the berries,
The time to live and the time to die
And all the other things, just deny.

It is the time to plunder
It is the time to loot
It is the time to kill
It is the time to destroy.

II

I'm worried
There is nothing I believe in
There is no one I can talk to
I have even started believing
There is nothing to believe
There is only opinion I hold
Only I'm made of living things
Death looks down upon them.

...........................................................................................................................


Here's  How to Stop Time

...........................................................................................................................

   One of the best songs to hit the local music scene in recent time   
by the Imphal Talkies
Listen on Youtube
Image: A screenshot from Youtube; Courtesy: Imphal Talkies/Deepak Shijagurumayum 



Comments

Trending Posts

Monthly Records

Show more

Subscribe

You can read the latest updates on your email. Don’t miss any post and read it at your convenience by subscribing to this blog. Your subscription is also my energy! It encourages me to do more and better.

Subscribe to this blog