Shackles and Chains and Fetters

Ma, I feel this fetter on my flesh, so unbearable
Let me break it, let me break the bondage;
Go and get the gong, then howl
Tell the whole world what's worthy,
Sickening self-righteousness, they'd say
I care not, I say;
What will be, shall be
In this overwhelming positioning, still
All's only an opinion:
What do I give when I go free
What do I take when I come free,
With all but these shackles and chains and fetters?


Image by George Hodan. Courtesy: Public Domain Pictures

Comments

Trending Posts

Monthly Records

Show more

Subscribe

You can read the latest updates on your email. Don’t miss any post and read it at your convenience by subscribing to this blog. Your subscription is also my energy! It encourages me to do more and better.

Subscribe to this blog