Silent Sureties

In as little as I've now, life rolls on somehow
Hunger has become synonymous to anger
And anger, to hunger

My grudging paunch is on protest, ever
becoming as explosive as never before;
My life's been indebted,
This I owe it, for everyone's freedom;
Hear it from the white ibises what's that;
So would you please take these sureties?
—please do, surely I would pay back
with my blood and sweat
For these twenty bullets and two grenades.

If you could see, this is
more pricey than our entire race.
I would need nothing more, I beg,
But the money only for a day's meal
Another small amount for a second-hand guillotine.

.....................................................................................................
Translated from Bandhan, Numit Kappa
.....................................................................................................

Comments

Trending Posts

Monthly Records

Show more

Subscribe

You can read the latest updates on your email. Don’t miss any post and read it at your convenience by subscribing to this blog. Your subscription is also my energy! It encourages me to do more and better.

Subscribe to this blog