October Haiku: Political Animals


I have been studying the traits and dispositions of the lower animals (so called) and contrasting them with the traits and dispositions of man. I find the result humiliating to me.

Mark Twain
, Letters from the Earth


①      

One dark horse rises
News: The leader has arrived
From the puke-filled pit




The pigs grunt and the lions
They squeak like the rats
—Those in my hometown



The dogs eat shits and
The more the shits, the more the
Panic and police



Night, we need a light
Like Ibobi needs to beg
Like baboons need meat



Aspirations lie
Like a fly ‘over’ the wall;
Bomb the State Building



Remember last year
The small fish were caught for fraud,
Big fish built a fort



The buffalo stole
The helmet of the army
The cows shat on it



Comments

Trending Posts

Monthly Records

Show more

Subscribe

You can read the latest updates on your email. Don’t miss any post and read it at your convenience by subscribing to this blog. Your subscription is also my energy! It encourages me to do more and better.

Subscribe to this blog