Accuse Me Not

Image from the Anonymous ART of Revolution




I will listen to you
I have told you already
I will sleep with you
I will by heart your protest slogans
I know how you used to shout:
To hell with the state,
And put a condom over its head;

but honey, I'm not an activist
don't you turn your back, now, on me;
Me, is just a man on the street
This world a mess, we know
Still I believe your words
All I can do is to masturbate
Your protest slogans turn me on,
And feel the freedom with the scum

I look up to your 1,000 km high ideals
But honey, I'm not an activist.
I'm only worried about India
I will get the money to help the helpless like me
I will share the feeling for the sick people like you;
Even if I hate all the people alike
Even if I hate your over-sized breasts
Even if I have no morality; but just the plain mortality
And for love's sake, don't call me an animal
I surely am tho', an animal 1,000 kilometers below
But for love's sake, for love's sake.

Yes, I will listen to you
I will sleep with you
I will by heart your protest slogans
I might become an activist some day
I'm worried about India, India is worried
And I will call myself an activist.
Even if you call me I'm just the skin of a penis
Stuck accidentally in the zip of an American-made jeans
Blame the irresponsible underwear,
But accuse me of an anti-activist not.

............................................................................................................................

PS: How can you call yourself an activist? Have you ever come across a thief who call himself/herself a thief? This is Manipur. Period.

............................................................................................................................

Coming soon... an essay on democracy.
Collective Wisdom of Individual Ignorance

That which now calls itself democracy differs from older forms of government solely in that it drives with new horses: the streets are still the same old streets, and the wheels are likewise the same old wheels. Friedrich Nietzsche
Image from the
Anonymous ART of Revolution

Abstract: Lately, I have been obsessed with democracy. Most of the time what’s happening around our world least bothers me, possibly because of my helplessness though you might say it worsens the situation with my apathy. But I cannot remain untroubled when the water is muddy, I swear by the gods and dogs, which created democracy. But now and then, the undemocratic things have been playing havoc so many times I cannot even tolerate that I start chewing the bones, rather than the meat. 

There is a certain lacking in democracy, so to say in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance, in the words credited both to Thomas Carlyle and HL Mencken. What use is in getting into the trivialities, for we could see all the failings of such a grand ideal — of us, for us, by us — lay only in common sense, which is unfortunately one of the least common things we would find in our world? For that matter, does the United States really want democracy in the Arab countries? Oil stands for oil is limited, yet I’m not sure how oil is related to democracy. Are you? Some other said the Armed Forces (Special Powers) Act, 1958 is the epitome of Indian democracy; still it is confusing how the army and democracy are blood brothers. 
 
............................................................................................................................

Comments

Trending Posts

Monthly Records

Show more

Subscribe

You can read the latest updates on your email. Don’t miss any post and read it at your convenience by subscribing to this blog. Your subscription is also my energy! It encourages me to do more and better.

Subscribe to this blog