Monkey Business, Serious Happiness


Should I worry not, ever should I be
How I wished to be the white ibis
It is not freedom that it soars into
Like I used to feel about
Nay, it just flies like the smoke
Drifted from nicotine-stained lips
Just like a dog barks, just like anything
How I used to want to be everything
Now I am giving up
All the things:
bleak streets and
heart troubles and
lamentation and
medication and
rogue regimes and
temporary shelters and
agony;
Now I submit myself to happiness.
Should I never be the tree
Should I be as always as the monkey
My business deals with serious happiness. 

Hand me the handbook of happiness.


Comments

Trending Posts

Monthly Records

Show more

Subscribe

You can read the latest updates on your email. Don’t miss any post and read it at your convenience by subscribing to this blog. Your subscription is also my energy! It encourages me to do more and better.

Subscribe to this blog